Writing …A reflection on 2010

#Reverb10 December 2

writing
“I would hurl words into this darkness and wait for an echo, and if an echo sounded, no matter how faintly, I would send other words to tell, to march, to fight, to create a sense of hunger for life that gnaws in us all.”
Richard Wright

Writing. What do you do each day that doesn’t contribute to your writing — and can you eliminate it?

Writing for me is very therapeutic although I don’t do it daily…I should. I do not consider myself a writer, what I write is for me, and now that some of it gets blogged if it helps someone else(or actually makes some sense) then great. If not..It helped me.

Writing for me is like a workout for the mind. I am usually the reason I don’t write everyday, especially now that I blog. When It comes to my blog there is usually either one of 2 reasons I don’t write that day. Either I don’t feel like I have anything to say that day or I am avoiding it because I don’t want to admit whatever it is that day to myself and make it a reality. Of course I can change this but like all things I need to do to take care of me I am stubborn and I fight doing them… I just don’t make time to do them.

What is writing to you, why do you write?

Peace, Love and Happy Blogging

Other #reverb10 post

Comments

Popular Posts